Accessible life insurance: a priority for Cardif Lux Vie! Green investment, promoting diversity, accountability – our commitments.
A committed insurer working for sustainable, responsible growth
Having a positive influence means acting in the interests of society, our clients and the environment. Our responsibility as an insurer has made us rethink our insurance model. Our objective: making a responsible approach a vital part of our DNA.
Our commitment: combining Financial performance with a positive impact on society
As a responsible institutional investor, we have been integrating environmental, social and governance criteria into our investment decision-making since 2008. For our General Fund, this means taking into account the sector exclusions of the BNP Paribas Group, as well as selecting our stocks on the basis of a “best in class” approach. We also exclude from the investment universe companies with the worst carbon footprints and energy transition ratings, in line with our desire to favour companies that can achieve the transition towards a low-carbon model:
- € 577 million of positive-impact* investments in 2020;
- Target of € 400 million in positive-impact investments by the end of 2025;
- 99% of directly held assets are ESG screened.
* Impact investments made with the intention of generating a positive and measurable social and environmental impact. This amount includes green bonds, certain funds (equity, bonds and infrastructure) as well as certain real estate projects, including off-balance sheet commitments.
More generally, we comply with European Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 on Sustainable Finance Disclosure (SFDR), which introduces new transparency obligations in terms of sustainability both at the level of our legal entity Cardif Lux Vie and at the level of insurance and pension contracts and investment products.
Discover Cardif Lux Vie’s commitments to transparency around sustainability.
Making our insurance more accessible
We are committed to making our life insurance solutions easy to understand and widening the eligibility conditions. We have set a number of objectives to achieve by 2020, including:
- Re-draft our provident insurance documentation 100%, putting it into standard, simple and clear language
- Incorporate CSR criteria (Corporate Social Responsibility) in the design of 100% of our new products and services
- Revise 100% of our provident insurance solutions to make accessibility conditions more favourable to policyholders (right to be forgotten, restriction of exclusions)
An internal programme dedicated to CSR
Because our employees are our best ambassadors, they have the chance to run positive-impact initiatives within the Company. The programme implements collective proposals to help Cardif Lux Vie to evolve in its role as investor, insurer and socially responsible employer.
The introduction of teleworking, increasing our investment in green bonds, a complete ban on disposable plastic and the creation of the “100% Green” Collective Internal Fund are just a few of the initiatives considered.
Diversity, equality, responsibility
Reflecting Luxembourg and the diversity of its multicultural society, the Cardif Lux Vie work force spans 20 different nationalities. Cardif Lux Vie is making a commitment to them, encouraging diversity, promoting wellbeing at work and supporting them with their future career ambitions.
This commitment is mirrored in the figures: the management board is 45% women, we have signed the Lëtzebuerg Diversity Charter and over 1,000 hours of training were delivered in 2018.
Our favourite hashtags: #cestcommeçacheznous #ImpactPositif #Diversité